Civic Project Listing
Recent or Ongoing Projects
- $15,000 donation to the Bellevue Botanical Gardens for construction of their new Visitor & Education Centers.
- $7,500 donation to Woodinville Heritage Museum for a new arbor, fence, and rose planting as a memorial gift from WGC member Judie Philips.
- $500 donation to the Northshore Community Kitchen.
- $25,000 commission for a bronze sculpture by Georgia Gerber for the Woodinville Playing Fields.
- $1,400 donation to the Woodinville Heritage Museum for benches and plant materials for creating a Grandmother's Garden ouside the center.
- Scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each awarded to students pursuing horticulture or environmental degrees.
- Hopelink annual donations for those in need in our community.
- Bellevue Botanical Society contributions for special projects at the Bellevue Botanical Gardens.
- Northshore Adult Day Care Center landscaping for senior citizens in Bothell and the surrounding community.
- Global Partners Running Waters program contributions for the Haiti water filtration project.
- Seattle Children's Play Garden funds for washer/dryer appliances.
- Donations to Seattle Tilth for the Seattle Youth Gardening Works program.
Past Projects Since 1984
- Georgia Gerber $15,000 commission for “The Gardener” bronze sculpture at DeYoung Park in downtown Woodinville.
- Contribution of $20,000 for Woodinville’s Wilmot Park central gatehouse and additional funds for the container gardens.
- Landscape design and plantings for the gardens at Wilmot Park in the amount of $3,000.
- Northshore Adult Day Care Center $2500 donation for a therapy garden enjoyed by senior citizens in the community.
- Seattle Chinese Garden Capital Campaign for renovations in the amount of $1000.
- Donation of $500 to the Center for Urban Horticulture Miller Library Rebuilding Fund.
- Design and landscaping at the original entrance to the city of Woodinville at Visual Park.
- Woodinville High School plantings/landscaping project.
- City of Woodinville street banners.
- Donation of plants and maintenance for the original planters along 175th Street in downtown Woodinville for many years, as well as funds to replace original wooden containers.
- Woodinville City Hall containers and planting donations.
- Woodinville Library seasonal plantings/landscaping for many years as well as donations made toward new containers and benches on library grounds.
- Bellevue Botanical Garden bench donation for the new perennial garden.
- Kingsgate Library planting donations.
- Redmond Senior Center containers and planting donations.
- Evergreen Hospice Center containers and planting donations.
- Aegis, assisted living facility, in Bothell potting bench contribution.
- Refreshment fund donation for the Northshore Adult Day Care in Bothell.
- Flood relief funds for the Hmong flower growers to replace damaged plants.
- Heifer Project donation for seeds and chickens in underdeveloped countries to encourage self-sufficiency.
- Nature Conservancy donations.
- Washington Park Arboretum donations.
- 21 Acres irrigation project funding.
- Friends of the Northwest Forest.
- Donation toward Boy Scout project making plant identification signs at Gold Creek Park.
- Local public school landscaping/planting docent projects with children in the community.
- Donations for tree plantings at local public schools in commemoration of Arbor Day.
- Docent program at Timbercrest Jr. High exploring stewardship of the land for science classes.
- Seattle Children's Play Garden donation of a rabbit hutch and chicken coop.
- Donation of $1500 to the Washington Park Arboretum youth education program.
- Donation of $500 to Cottage Lake Elementary School’s outdoor classroom project.
- Donation of plants and plant talk to Cottage Lake Elementary students $150 in 2011.
- Donation of dish rock and plants to Woodin Elementary $150 in 2012.
- Donation of plants to Woodin Elementary NW native garden $150 in 2013.
- Donation of plants to Woodin Elementary-additions to the Pioneer Garden, Mentoring Green Team members, bulbs for the school grounds, edible plant seeds and starts in 2014-2016.